- 1 Bone => 3 Bone Meal
- 8 Hardened Clay + 1 Bone Meal => 8 White Terracotta
- 9 Bone Meal => 1 Bone Block
Bone Meal can be used in the recipes of the following dyes:
- Light Blue Dye
- Pink Dye
- Magenta Dye
- Grey Dye
- Light Grey Dye
- Lime Dye
As a fertilizer, Bone Meal can do the following:
- Hitting a Dandelion or Poppy will create multiple duplicates of the Flower.
- On Sunflowers, Rose Bushes, Lilac, and Peony, it will drop the corresponding Flower the Bone Meal was used on.
- Grow Tall Grass/Double Tall Grass.
- Grow Ferns/Large Ferns.
- Grow Saplings over a period of time.
- Make a crop enter its next stage in growth (Aside from Pumpkins and Melons, which cannot grow through Bone Meal to finish the last stage in growth.)
- Grow any kind of Flower such as Poppies and Dandelions.
- Grow Mushrooms into Giant Mushrooms if given enough space and enough darkness.
- Bedrock Exclusive: Grow Sugar Cane.
- As of Update 0.8.0, Bone Meal has been modified so it cannot make crops grow instantly.
- The Player can dye any color Sheep white with Bone Meal.
- Tapping Bone Meal on a Grass Block results in Tall Grass, and sometimes even Flowers.
- Bone Meal does not affect the growth rate of Nether Wart.
- Bug: Before Update 0.10.0, Bones would only craft 2 Bone Meal.
- If the Player has a tamed Wolf, they can dye the collar with Bone Meal.