Fishing is a game mechanic implemented in Update 0.11.0.
In order to fish, the Player must use the Fishing Rod in any body of Water. When a Fish is biting, bubbles appear, and the bobber sinks into the water for a few seconds. Within that time, if the Player pulls up the Rod, he/she can obtain various Items.
- Leather Boots
- Leather Pants
- Rotten Flesh
- Ink Sac
- Water Bottle
- Tripwire Hook
- Raw Fish: The most common fish, which can be cooked into Cooked Fish for more Hunger value.
- Raw Salmon: The second most common Fish, which also can be cooked into Cooked Salmon for a slightly higher Hunger value than Raw Fish.
- Clownfish: Fish that cannot be cooked.
- Pufferfish: Eating this fish will cause nausea and poison. Pufferfish cannot be cooked and can only be used for Brewing.
- Bug: In a previous version, fishing in Lava was possible, but the bobber stayed in the lava even when the rod was pulled up.
- This was changed so that the line would immediately be reeled in once in lava.
- While Raining, the Player is more likely to catch Fish.
- If the bobber is not directly exposed to sunlight or moonlight, the waiting time before the next catch could be doubled.
- Fishing Rods can lose Durability in the following ways:
- Fishing in Water will use up one Durability point.
- Fishing on land will use up two Durability points.
- Fishing a Mob will use up three Durability points.
- Bedrock Exclusive: Fishing Rods have a cubic bobber.
- AFK Fish Farms are not doable in Minecraft, as it is harder to simulate the press of the fishing button.