List of Food
|Food||Icon||Hunger Restored & Effects||Obtaining|
|Cookie||Crafting: 1 Wheat + 2 Cocoa Beans|
|Raw Beef||Killing Cows|
|Cooked Beef||Cooking Raw Beef in a Furnace or when a Cow burns to death|
|Raw Porkchop||Killing Pigs|
|Cooked Porkchop||Cooking Raw Porkchops in Furnace or when a Pig burns to death|
|Cooked Chicken||Cooking Raw Chicken in Furnace or when a Chicken burns to death|
|Apple||Dropping from Oak Leaves, Dark Oak Leaves, Dungeons, Strongholds, or Blacksmith's Chests|
|Potato||Breaking Potato crops, killing Zombies|
|Baked Potato||Cooking Potato in Furnace|
|Carrot||Breaking Carrot crops or Killing Zombies|
|Cake||One Slice: |
|Crafting: 2 Sugar + 1 Eggs + 3 Milk Buckets + 3 Wheat|
|Cooked Fish||Cooking Raw Fish in Furnace|
|Cooked Salmon||Cooking Raw Salmon in Furnace|
|Raw Rabbit||Killing Rabbits|
|Cooked Rabbit||Cooking Raw Rabbit in Furnace or when a Rabbit burns to death|
|Beetroot||Breaking Beetroot Crops|
|Beetroot Soup||Crafting: 1 Bowl + 6 Beetroots|
|Mushroom Stew||Crafting: 1 Bowl + 1 Red Mushroom + 1 Brown Mushroom. Milking a Mooshroom with Bowl|
|Rabbit Stew||Crafting: 1 Bowl + 1 Cooked Rabbit + 1 Carrot + 1 Baked Potato + 1 Mushroom|
|Melon Slice||Breaking Melon Blocks|
Found in Abandoned Mineshafts
|Pumpkin Pie||Crafting: 1 Sugar + 1 Pumpkin + 1 Egg|
|Crafting: 1 Apple + 8 Gold Ingots. Looting Chests|
Fire Resistance I
|Crafting: 1 Apple + 8 Blocks of Gold|
|Golden Carrot||Crafting: 1 Carrot + 8 Golden Nuggets|
|Killing Zombies, Zombie Pigman, Husks, Zombie Villagers, Zombie Horses or Desert Temple Chests|
|Poisonous Potato||Poison II (30%)||Breaking Potato crops|
|Raw Mutton||Killing Sheep|
|Cooked Mutton||Cooking Raw Mutton in Furnace or when a Sheep burns to death|
|Bread||Crafting using 3 Wheat|
|Chorus Fruit||Breaking a Chorus Plant in The End's outer islands.|
|Dried Kelp||Breaking a Kelp in the ocean and cooking it in a furnace.|
- Food is not required in Peaceful Mode because Hunger does not decrease in Peaceful
- Before Update 0.12.1, Food would restore Health rather than Hunger.
- Cooked meat restores more Hunger points than raw meat.
- Before food was added in Update 0.4.0 the Player would naturally regenerate health over time like in Peaceful Mode.
- In Update 0.13.1, Rotten Flesh had a lower chance to inflict Hunger than other versions.
- Cake restores the most Hunger points.
- However, it has the lowest saturation of any food.
- Chorus Fruit, Golden Apples, and Enchanted Apples are the only types of food that can be eaten in Creative Mode.
- Dried Kelp can be eaten much faster than other sources of food.
For gallery, See here