Relative to explosion damage
Ghasts fly around in the sky, crying at regular intervals. They can usually be heard from many blocks away, even off-screen. They will shoot fireballs after noticing the Player, even if they are off-screen. When killed, they give a very loud shriek.
Ghasts attack by flying around and shooting exploding fireballs, which can be deflected by using any kind of Tool or the Players' hand (by punching it before it hits the Player), or by shooting it with an Arrow. If the deflected fireball hits the Ghast, it will kill the Ghast in one hit, causing the player to earn the achievement Return to Sender. The player can tell when the ghast is about to attack when their eyes turn red and their mouth opens.
- The mobs which can fly include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Bats, Ghasts, Blazes, Withers, Ender Dragons, Vexes, and Parrots.
- Bug: Ghasts spawned with only of health and were naturally hostile in Creative Mode in Update 0.11.0 Beta Build 7.
- The audio used for the Ghast is actually a recording of C418's cat making bizarre noises.
- Ghasts cannot destroy any blocks that have a Blast Resistance higher than 15. (E.g: Cobblestone)
- Before Update 0.14.0, Ghasts didn't have an attack animation.
- A Ghast fireball hitting the frame of an unlit Nether Portal will actually re-ignite a Nether Portal.
- Similarly, if a Ghast fireball hits a lit Nether Portal, it will deactivate it.
- Bug: In Update 0.15.0, Ghasts spawn in as giant floating Squids.
- Bug: After Update 0.16.0, Ghasts would spawn in ridiculous numbers and could spawn in 3X3 areas.
- This was fixed in Update 1.0.
- If a Nether Portal is big enough, a Ghast is able to fly through it to enter the Overworld.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey