1-3 Raw Beef
Mooshrooms spawn on Mycelium in Mushroom Islands in herds of 4-8.
Mooshrooms can be farmed similarly to Cows, and are very useful since they have the following uses:
- When Sheared, Mooshrooms become regular Cows and yield 5 red mushrooms. They will not turn back into Mooshrooms after being Sheared.
- Mooshrooms can be Milked with a Bucket.
- When a Mooshroom is milked with a Bowl, it yields Mushroom Stew.
- When a Mooshroom is killed, it will drop Leather and Raw Beef like a normal Cow.
- Along with the Cow, it will drop Cooked Beef if killed with Fire, Lava, a Fire Aspect Enchanted Sword or a Flame Bow.
- Unlike adult Mooshrooms, Mooshroom Babies don't have Mushrooms growing on their back.
- Mooshrooms are 1.4 blocks tall, while baby Mooshrooms are 0.7 blocks tall, making adult Mooshrooms twice as tall as baby Mooshrooms.
- Cows and Mooshrooms are the only Mobs that can be milked.
- Cows and Mooshrooms cannot be Bred together.
- Mooshrooms have a chance to spawn as a Jockey.
- Out of all the passive mobs, the Mooshroom is the most resourceful mob in Minecraft. Players can get Milk, Raw Beef, Leather, Red Mushrooms, Mushroom Stew (if crafted), and Cooked Beef (if killed by fire).
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey