The 5 Types of Parrots
Parrots spawn naturally only in Jungle Biomes in 5 different colors: red, green, blue, cyan and gray.
Parrots have the ability to fly under normal conditions, however, they sometimes "tire" and land to rest.
Parrots crowd and settle around other nearby mobs, including neutral and hostile mobs. Parrots are also able to replicate the sounds made by nearby Hostile Mobs, except they will sound like a baby form of that mob. They also chirp and whistle.
Parrots can be tamed by feeding them Seeds. A tamed Parrot on the ground will perch on its Player's shoulder if the Player moves through the Parrot. A tamed parrot also sometimes will independently fly to and perch on its Player's shoulder. To remove the Parrot from his/her shoulder, the Player must simply jump and the Parrot will begin flying again.
- The mobs which can fly include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Bats, Ghasts, Blazes, Withers, Ender Dragons, Vexes, and Parrots.
- Parrots near a Jukebox will dance if a Music Disc is played.
- This is a reference to the Party Parrot meme.
- The five Parrot textures are synonymous with five real-life Parrot breeds: The Scarlet Macaw, Blue-and-gold Macaw, Hyacinth Macaw, Cockatiel, and Buffon Parrot.
- Trying to feed a Cookie to a Parrot will result in its death by poison.
- In a snapshot version of PC/Java, Parrots were tamed using Cookies. It was changed because in real life, chocolate contains a chemical known as "theobromine", which is poisonous to Parrots.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey