|Steve & Alex|
It is possible to change the skin of the Player by going to the skins option on the title screen. It is possible to use Skin Packs, use the other default female Alex skin, or use Minecraft: Skin Studio Encore to create a custom skin. Alternatively, they can be found on the internet, or other apps.
It is possible to change the default name of the Player from 'Steve' to whatever the Player desires by going to the Options menu in the title screen.
- If the Player changes his/her name to "Dinnerbone", his/her character will be upside down.
- In the earliest versions of Minecraft, the default name was Stevie instead of Steve.
- The "Steve" name is actually spelled like "Steve?" according to the merchandise on him.
- Prior to Update 0.11.0, Steve was the only Minecraft skin available, and could not be changed without external apps or websites.
- It has been stated that Steve's "smile" was actually a goatee and was later removed as it looked too much like a smile.
- When the Player's name has nothing written on it, the game automatically changes it to Steve.
- Markus 'Notch' Persson suggested Steve as a joke name around the beta of Minecraft.
- The Player eye level (According to coordinates while pressing F3 ) is 1.62 meters. Since their eyes are 28 pixels above their feet, leaving 4 pixels above their eyes (.23m), this makes them 1.85 meters tall and 0.925 meters wide. Making that just about 5'7 ft tall.
- When the Player's name is changed to Dinnerbone, the Player will turn upside down.