0-1 Shulker Shell
Shulkers remain stationary while attached to any adjacent Block. If the Block beside them is destroyed, or their shell cannot open, or their Health gets too low, they will attempt to teleport within a 17×17×17 radius. If a Block for them to attach to is not found, they will attach themselves to the air. When its shell is closed, a Shulker has Armor points and is immune to arrows.
Shulkers attack by shooting Players with homing sparks that inflict them with the Levitation Effect. The effect levitates the Player into the air for a certain amount of time, and causes Fall Damage when it expires.
The Shulker's shell around it protects itself like a Player wearing Diamond Armor, making it hard to fight.
- The name "Shulker" is a combination of the words "Shell" and "Lurker".
- Shulkers can spawn in Peaceful Mode; however, they will not attack the Player. This trait is also shared with Vindicators and Evokers.
- Bedrock Exclusive: The Shulkers' projectiles are bigger than they appear in other versions.
- Bedrock Exclusive: Shulkers can be Dyed through the use of Dyes, but the Player must hold down the dye.
- It is the only Mob other than Sheep that can be Dyed.
- When Shulkers are splashed with a Splash Potion of Invisibility, their head remains visible.
- Bug: In Update 1.0 and Update 1.0.1, if killed while invisible, their head sometimes remains visible and frozen in the death animation.
- This was later fixed in Update 1.0.2.
- Bug: In Update 1.1, Shulkers were not immune to Fire.
- This was fixed in Update 1.1.1.
- Shulkers can be moved by Boats and Minecarts.
- Mobs which can apply status effects on the Player include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Cave Spiders, Wither Skeletons, Witchs, Strays, Husks, Withers, Elder Guardians, and Shulkers.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey