0-2 (+Loot Level) Bones,
80% of Skeletons that spawn in Snow Biomes at night will be Strays.
Skeletons will attack any Player within a 16-Block radius by shooting Arrows from its Bow. Their Arrows can deal up to two heart damage () each, though this can be reduced if the Player wears Armor. If a Skeleton is on Fire, it will shoot burning Arrows, thus setting fire to a Player/Mob if they get too close.
Skeletons, like Zombies, burn and take damage upon entering sunlight. Skeletons do not burn in sunlight if they are in Water, in shade or if they are wearing a Helmet. However, the helmet will eventually lose durability, making the Skeleton burn after several minutes.
When fighting Skeletons, the best strategy is to use a Bow, as it is very hard to attack Skeletons using a Sword. However, if using a top-tier sword like Iron or Diamond, melee can be considered an option.
- Skeletons cannot hold Swords in Minecraft, unlike the Wither Skeletons.
- They are one of seven mobs (the other six being Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Wither Skeletons, Husks, Strays, Witches, and Vindicators) that can hold Items.
- Skeletons can hit Endermen with their Arrows, even though Players cannot.
- As of Update 0.12.1, Skeletons have improved AI — they have greater accuracy which increases with Difficulty.
- As of Update 0.13.0, Wolves chase and kill Skeletons.
- Unlike Zombies, a Skeleton will not leave shade to attack the Player.
- As of Update 0.15.0, Skeletons have the same Al as Skeletons in the PC version 1.9.
- Skeletons have a taiga counterpart, which is called the Stray.
- Skeletons are one of two mobs that can spawn in both the Nether and the Overworld, the other being the Enderman.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey