Spiders spawn in light levels of under 7, or any dark places (E.g: Caves, etc.). They can also be spawned through Monster Spawners, or Spawn Eggs. Like most hostile mobs, they do not spawn in Peaceful mode.
Spiders attack by running up to the Player and jumping at them, or they jump on them from above. They can climb over all blocks, even Fences, and move fast. While not poisonous themselves, Spiders are unaffected by the Poison Status Effect. They have a very low chance of spawning with the buffs listed: speed, regeneration, invisibility, and strength on hard difficulty.
- Spiders were the only Neutral Mobs in the game until Update 0.9.0.
- Spiders do not burn in daylight.
- As of Update 0.7.3 Spiders have glowing eyes.
- Spiders are one of the mobs that have to jump at the Player to attack, and that makes it sometimes hard to avoid if the Player is running from the spider.
- Spider farms are difficult to make since they can climb fences and fit in small spaces.
- Spiders have a variant, Cave Spiders, which are smaller, poisonous and only spawn in Abandoned Mineshafts.
- Before Update 0.11.0, Spider Spawners were inside Abandoned Mineshafts and not Cave Spider Spawners.
- As of Update 0.12.1, Spiders drop Spider Eyes.
- If a Spider has the Invisibility Status Effect, the glowing red eyes are still seen.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey