Strays are stronger variations of Skeletons. Strays appear to be Skeletons wearing ragged clothing and holding a Bow. They fire Tipped Arrows which inflict Slowness I for 30 seconds upon any target they hit. Like Skeletons, they avoid Wolves.
It is best to use a Bow when attacking a Stray. Using melee attacks is not recommended as Strays inflict Slowness I which prevents the Player from charging too quickly, making it possible for the Stray to easily shoot him/her.
- The Stray Mob was first hinted by Jeb in a tweet, when he posted a picture of a new 'archer' Mob.
- Strays have the regular Skeleton drops, but can also drop Tipped Arrows of Slowness.
- Like regular Skeletons, Strays burn in the daylight.
- Strays have a chance to wear white dyed Leather Armor. Despite this, they drop regular Leather Armor when killed.
- The Stray is made up of two models, mainly "stray", and "stray_overlay".
- Mobs which can apply status effects on the Player include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Cave Spiders, Wither Skeletons, Witchs, Strays, Husks, Withers, Elder Guardians, and Shulkers.
- When given Invisibility, its overlay will still appear.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey