0-2 Seagrass 1 Scute (When a baby turtle grows up)
Turtles are able to spawn on sandy beaches in small groups. They can also hatch from eggs.
Turtles will make their nests on shorelines throughout various Biomes and their young will scamper down to the Water. However, they will always return to their home beach to lay eggs, no matter how far they swim. They can be bred using Seagrass. Turtles are relatively faster in water than on land.
- Turtles will be the second underwater Passive Mob added to Minecraft, the first being the Squid.
- Turtles and Phantoms are confirmed to not be added in Update 1.4. They will instead be released in a future update.
- Ocelots, Wolves, and all variants of Zombies and Skeletons will attack baby Turtles.
- When a Turtle lays its eggs, there is a digging animation before they appear.
- Turtles cannot be leashed.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey